I built the tower roof the other day and it looks very whimsical now. I love the tower! It was a lot trickier to build than I anticipated however.
First I painted the inside of the pieces white.
This next bit was the most difficult because I had to get the angles of the bits of wood right. (Which took several attempts and a bit of annoyance.)
After that I had to put the 2 bits at 90 degrees to the original 2 bits up. (Marginally less difficult than the first 2.)
And lastly add in the other 4 pieces - which was a lot easier.
Here's what the inside looks like.
And here it is on the house. How cute!
Here you can see a lovely little bench than my friend Emily gave to me (it was from her childhood dollhouse). I gave it a coat of paint and think it looks quite nice on the deck for now.
The next job I did was to remove all the wooden weatherboards. I used my craft knife to pry them off. (There were only a few that resisted this treatment.)
Then I cut some more out of thick card. I used a guillotine (rotary trimmer) to cut them. I made them all 2cm wide. And when I stick each one on I measure 14mm above the board and mark where the next board should go. So that the bottom boards are on an angle too I glue a small strip of card along the bottom of each wall so the board has something to overlap.
I am not sure what to do about the small gap between the tower windows...
And that is the progress to date. I might even go do some more weatherboards now...
Oh yeah, and they are not staying white... but you will have to wait and see what colour I have chosen!
Have a splendid day wherever you are!