Putting in miniature hinges is a mission! I nearly went crazy attaching the door to the cupboard under the stairs (it was a really awkward shape to attach the door to and it was my first try at doing this). After trying unsuccessfully to push the teeny little nails into the holes in the hinges while trying to hold them in place with my hands; a job better suited to an octopus than a human, I lost my patience and decided it would be best to go and pat Bethell my cat to calm down. After that calming exercise I decided I would glue the hinges in place with the hot glue first and then make a hole though the hinge hole to get the nail started. I had until this point been using tweezers to hold the little nails by the nail head (resulting in several going pinging across the room never to be seen again) so I changed tactics here too and held them just below the nail head. This worked much better.
These first two are of the cute little cot I bought. I am going to make it even cuter though.
Here's the original cot.
Then I painted it blue. You will have to wait to see what I'm going to do next to it until another post though as I haven't done any more to it yet. Don't you just love surprises?
This next one is showing how I have marked where the holes should go through the hinge using a very fine tipped pen and am now using a pin to make a small stater hole for the tiny nail to go in.
Here's the first tiny hinge attached with tiny nails. That took me ages. This is before I lost my patience and began gluing the hinges first.
There are no photos after that step as I was too busy trying to get everything put together. But here is the finished result! Yay!
Here's a close up of the door.
I love the cute little door handle. I made it from a pretty glass bead. I then pushed a jewelry pin through it and made a hole in the door with a pin. Next I pushed the jewelry pin through the hole and trimmed it. Then bent it over and I had a little door handle.
This next set of doors took AGES! There are the two cupboards to do and then the two french doors. Mission. Anyhow, here they are finished. (There is now a 'crack' in one of the french doors where I accidentally sliced into it with my craft knife.)
Yay, they work!
Yay, these ones work too!
Next I intalled the door between the bedroom and the hall on the second story. As you can see in the photo, there is a huge gap down the side of the door as I sanded it too much so now I have to make a new door. Sigh.
You can see how bad it really is from this side.
And to finnish off with, here are the two removable bay windows that I made while I was waiting for the hinges to arrive. My boyfriend Steve really likes these.
And that is all for today. I have done a few more things but I'll tell you about that next time.