Saturday, 2 February 2013

A dollhouse in storage, learning to crochet, and making miniature lemons.

I'm back from overseas! We had an amazing adventure and our brains are now stocked full of lovely memories to take out and polish and admire.

It is nice to be home again but I haven't been able to work on my doll house because it is still in storage.

Bethell is living in our old house with Steve's sister Rachael who has been looking after her since we went away. Steve's parents Malcolm and Leanne are kindly letting us stay at their house with them so I have been taking Bethell for lots of walks and hanging out with her. (Our old house is just across the paddock from Steve's parents place.) 

Here is Bethell enjoying one of our walks.

And here she is showing me how cute she is. 


Although I haven't done any work on the actual house I have made a start on some other mini projects.
I want to make some crocheted mini afghans to go on the beds or maybe hang on the back of the couch (which doesn't exist yet...)
I hadn't done any crocheting before (only knitting of beanies and scarves in life size). I found a video on youtube that was quite good though (you can view it here) and had a try. 

This is my first attempt.

I also decided to get adventurous with my polymer clay and found this excellent tutorial by Stephanie Kilgast on making miniature lemons (diameter about 6mm). They turned out okay for my first try I think but I have some things to perfect as the middle of the lemons are a bit wonky. I must have stretch/rolled the cane out funny. It took me ages to make the cane but I still have lots left so hopefully I have got some of it right. I'm not sure what to do with these now though...
Any suggestions?

Later on today...

Excitingly today Steve (my boyfriend) and Chris (our friend) moved my dollhouse out of storage and up to the little lounge at Malcolm and Leanne's! 

Here they are just squeezing it through the door of the room we had it stored in. It almost didn't fit - the Garfield Dollhouse is quite wide. 

There was a bit of maneuvering to get around the corner...
 I lent a helping hand to keep it balanced.

And then they were away.

It fit nicely in the back of the van.

And Steve slowly and carefully drove it up to the big house. 

Where they safely deposited it. Yay!

I gave it a wipe down inside as it had accumulated a bit of dust even though it had been covered.

Yay! I am SO excited that I can get building again!!!
Thank you boys for lifting it for me. :)

And welcome to all my new followers! And hello again all my old ones!
I hope you all have a very lovely day! 
Love Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment