Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Oh so many window frames!

It has taken me such a long time to prepare all the window and door frames! It took the best part of 2 days to sand all the edges as well as pop them out of the wood and label them. Then I had to paint them. I tried using a spray can which ran out after doing hardly any of them so had to go back to the old fashioned way and do it by hand. That took hours! I had to do 3 coats of paint and there are heaps of them! I'm going to go and count how many there are in fact... There are 335 pieces of tiny window framing!

The process in pictures.

Here are some of the pieces of plywood that have the parts punched into them.


I had to write on the back of every piece what it is so I could recognise it later.



Next I punched the pieces out of the wood and sanded them on every edge.


And then I laid them all out in piles of pieces that are alike.





On the day I started painting I first laid all the pieces out on a plastic party table cloth.



Then I painted. And painted. And painted some more until I they looked like this.



Now my next job will be to peel them all off the plastic table cloth and hope that the writing on the back is still readable! Then I get to start gluing them onto the walls! Yay! See ya.





1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea, to put them all on the plastic - much better than spreading them on a plastic sheet or cardboard all over the dining room table like I do vbg. It's tedious painting them all but worth the effort.
    Sandie.

    ReplyDelete