Friday 20 January 2012

Treats from overseas.

Before Christmas I ordered some lovely bits of furniture for my dollhouse and since I received them I haven't had a chance to do any blogging at all.

The first things that arrived were some lovely items from Ireland. 
These were made by Molly Sue Miniatures and you can buy them from her etsy store or her website. She also has a blog which you can view here.
They arrived wrapped up in brown paper.
There is something infinitely exciting about brown paper packages!


The first thing I unearthed was this divine shabby bed.


It is for the master bedroom.


The next thing out of the box was this lovely ornate bookshelf. I am going to make one of the room in the attic a reading area.


Then came this super sweet little dresser. It will go in the children's bedroom.


A beautiful clock.


Another beautiful clock.


Some shabby word wall art.


A little letter holder including tiny mail.


And a gorgeous home sign with hooks and a key sign with keys!


Isn't she so clever! I love her work!

6 days later I received another exciting package in the post!
This one came from Spain and was also filled with delightful goodies!
These ones are made by the talented Ana from Mundorosa. You can buy her stuff from her etsy shop.

The package arrived looking delightfully foreign with all the spanish writing adorning it.
And it was filled with tiny things wrapped in soft pink tissue paper.


I love this little seat. Isn't it adorable! And the fabric is so lovely and fresh!


This little chair is stunning. I have been moving it around the house trying to decide where it should live. At the moment it is by the bookshelf to be a reading chair.


And this little beauty is my new kitchen sink. I really do wish I could take my kitchen sink with me everywhere 'cause it is so so cute! I wish I had a real one like it in my real kitchen!


Thank you Ana for your lovely work! 
Ana has a blog too. Click here to have a look. 

I have been doing some work on my dollhouse as well. 

I made a little mattress to go in the cot. 


And I have done the deck.
It took AGES! But I think the results are worth it. The thing that was tricky was cutting all the angles. I had to do them with a craft knife which was time consuming.
Here is the deck being laid. The hardest bit was where the straight bit of deck joined the tower part and getting all those angles right.


Here is the finished deck.



Here is the balcony before the decking was put on it.


And here is the whole thing stained and finished.



The next thing I did was began to put the weatherboards that my kind friend Tim ripped from a piece of wood for me. The only thing is that they stick out past the door and window frames. I'm not sure what to do about the problem. I think it may look silly when the whole house is done. I may have to make them from cardboard instead...


That's the progress to date. I'll go and do some more soon and since I'm on holiday now I'll try and keep more up to date with my blog too!





4 comments:

  1. The deck does look marvelous! I feel your pain with the cutting of each little piece of wood. I finally bought the Easy Cutter for dollhouse wood. Best thing ever. It even has angles. No more blisters!
    Your purchases are wonderful. Everything is perfect. You have great taste!
    xoxo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Thank you very much for your words! Glad you like it and everything has arrived in perfect condition. your other shopping, wonderful, perfect to adorn your beautiful home
    I loved the crib, it is adorable! And your progress in this wonderful home. I hope that from now on will not hurt!
    I will follow your progress
    many hugs
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your purchases are superb. I love the Mollie's bed and absolutely adore all Ana sent. Enjoy all.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy
    I popped into your blog today to see if you had done anymore to your beautiful dollhouse (which I see you have, I do so love it) and was blown away to find your write up about your parcels and the lovely things you wrote about the items. Thank you so much. I love Ana's work too, and the items you bought from her are just beautiful.
    Luv
    Sue

    ReplyDelete